For the first time BSAACT is running a short format 6 red teams comp between the traditional Summer and Winter comps. The week beginning June 4th. The comp will run for 7 weeks
As we haven’t run a comp in this format we are unsure of how many team nominations we will receive. Depending on the numbers, we aim to run comps on Monday and Tuesday nights in parallel, with the winner of Monday to play off in the final against the Tuesday winner. This inaugural 6 Red comp is free to enter and open to all, regardless of whether you are a member of BSAACT
Matches will be in the handicap format, players with an existing handicap in 15 Red snooker will play off a starting score of half that number in 6 Red.
ie. 20 hcp in 15 Red = 10 hcp in 6 Red, -10 hcp in 15 Red = -5 hcp in 6 Red
Players who don’t have a handicap should indicate their skill level, perhaps you have played division 2 pool etc…. Handicaps remain fixed for the duration of the competition
- TEAMS CAN BE FORMED BY 2 TO 4 PLAYERS.
- EACH MATCH IS OVER 4 GAMES.
- EACH GAME IS THE BEST OF 3 FRAMES, WITH A MAXIMUM TIME OF 45 MINUTES PER GAME.
- NO PLAYER CAN PLAY MORE THAN TWO GAMES ON ANY NIGHT.
- NO PLAYER CAN PLAY MORE THAN 1 GAME AGAINST THE SAME OPPONENT IN THE SAME MATCH.
- CAPTAINS ARE TO INFORM THEIR OPPOSITION OF THE PLAYERS THEY WILL BE PLAYING IN THE MATCH BEFORE SCORECARDS ARE FILLED OUT.
- TEAMS ARE TO HAVE ALL MEMBERS SCHEDULED TO PLAY, AT THE VENUE 5 MINUTES BEFORE MATCH START TIME.
- THE HOME TEAM PLACES IT’S FIRST 2 PLAYERS ON THE SCORECARD; THE AWAY TEAM THEN PLACES ALL THEIR PLAYERS ON THE SCORECARD. THE HOME TEAM THEN COMPLETES THE SCORECARD BEFORE PLAY BEGINS.
- EACH OF THE GAMES OF THE MATCH MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 45 MINUTES. ANY FRAMES NOT COMPLETED AT THE CALL OF TIME ARE AWARDED TO THE PLAYER WITH THE HIGHEST POINTS TOTAL.
- MATCHES ARE FOR 10 POINTS, AS FOLLOWS
- EACH GAME WON = 2 POINTS.
- IF ONE TEAM WINS 3 OR 4 OF THE GAMES PLAYED IT RECEIVES A 2 POINT BONUS. ( so 8-2, or 10-0)
- IF GAMES ARE LEVEL, THEN TEAM WITH MOST FRAMES WON RECEIVES A 2 POINT BONUS. (so 6-4)
- IF GAMES AND FRAMES ARE LEVEL, EACH TEAM RECEIVES A 1 POINT BONUS. (so 5-5)
DRAW FORMAT FOR 6 RED TEAM COMPETITION
|BURNS CLUB||SOUTHERN CROSS CLUB|
|1 V 2||1 V 2||7.00PM||3 V 4||3 V 4||5 V 6|
|1 V 2||1 V 2||7.45PM||3 V 4||5 V 6||5 V 6|
|8.30PM||3 V 4||5 V 6|
Home team listed first. Relevant in the order teams are written on scorecards only, home games are played at either venue.
WEEK 6. THE 2ND AND 3RD PLACED TEAMS PLAY AN ELIMINATION FINAL AT BURNS.
WEEK 7. THE 1ST. PLACED TEAM PLAYS THE WINNER OF THE FINAL IN THE GRAND FINAL AT
THE STHN. X CLUB.
RULES OF PLAY for 6 RED TEAMS COMPETITION.
- Toss for order of play in the game.
- Rules to continue under the Rules of Snooker, with the exception that in the case of a foul:
- if ball(s) on is completely snookered, [no part of ball(s) on available to be hit] then call must be “foul”.
- if ball(s) on are partially obscured, then “foul and a miss” may be called.
- if 2 calls of “foul and a miss” are made concurrently under the preceding clause, the incoming player has the additional choice of “cue ball able to be played from any table position”.
- if a ball(s) on is able to be struck ‘full face’ and 3 calls of “foul and a miss” are made, then frame is awarded to non-striker (normal rule application)
- a frame is completed when:
- all balls have been properly potted and the leading scores wins, or
- one player concedes, or
- time is called and the leading score wins, or
- if time is called and the scores are level, all balls are removed from the table, the black is spotted, players toss for choice of break and the frame ends with the fair potting of the black, or a foul is committed
- in a ‘re-spot black’ situation, if neither player is able to win after playing three strokes, then the frame is to be declared a draw. ½ points each.